The Honest Truth

In my opinion The Honest Truth is the best book ever written. It is about a boy named Mark, who is fighting a hard battle. Mark has cancer. He only has a little life left in him. But something he also has. Hope. He is determined to reach his dream. Of climbing Mount Rainier. With his faithful companion, Beau (his dog) and a heart full of faith, he sets off to conquer his dream.

This book is definitely a cry book. I’m not ashamed to say that I bawled my eyes out. But I think that is why I like this book, because the author really made me feel like I was in the it. I felt what the characters felt. I cried when they cried, and I laughed when they laughed.

I recommend this book for ages 10+. It’s kind of a thicker book. But it is a real page turner. I found myself staying up way too late reading. Also, if you hate sad books, seriously don’t read this. Because even if you “never cry” you will shed a few tears.

Now for my rating on the book. 10/10, this book is amazing. It shows courage and bravery. It has sad moments , cute moments, and happy moments. It shows great friendship and love. And what you will do for someone you care about.                                                                                                                                            

9 comments on “The Honest TruthAdd yours →

1. I absolutely LOVE this book! It’s for sure a book I would read again! I forget though, hasn’t Mark beaten cancer before and then it came back?

2. I Love that. you should write a summery or your favorite so that i know if your favorite part is mine too.