My Brother Sam is Dead

Timothy Meeker is a thirteen-year-old boy living in Redding, with his mom, dad, and brother Sam. Tim had always looked up to Sam. He was smart, and strong. But when Sam enlists in the American Revolutionary Army, Tim has to make a hard choice, join his father and the Loyalists, or join Sam and the Patriots. But after his father gets kidnapped by the rebels and his best friends is killed by the British, he isn’t very eager join either side.

My brother Sam is dead, By James and Christopher Collier, is an amazing book about the revolutionary war.  At first I wasn’t totally in to the book, but the more i read the more I liked it. It really helped me understand what life was like during the war.

Ok now it’s…….Rating time! 9/10. I really enjoyed reading this book. I was always on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happens next. The authors did a great job of expressing the emotion of the characters.

I hope you liked this review of My Brother Sam is Dead by James and Christopher Collier.

Thanks for reading, and Bye for now Bookworms!

1 comment on “My Brother Sam is DeadAdd yours →

1. I really like this book, too, even though some of the scenes are hard to read. Do you think Tim wants to join or is it really all about his brother?